Baby Food Abreviations



When I finished to feed my baby today I started to tidy up, and when I came across the jars (not that I feed my baby just jars) I noticed -again- the legend BPA free, something I read before, but never actually pay attention to, if that makes sense.

So here I am making a list of what I discovered in all the baby food's packages I found in my kitchen.

BPA free: BPA stands for Bisphenol A and it is a toxic component for humans that is used in the making of plastic, it can be found even in bottles. 
The epoxy resins which  contains bisphenol A are used to cover cans of food and beverages.


No GM or preservatives: GM stands for Genetically Modified, this is food which DNA has been modified either for making it stronger to resist some diseases or for increasing the production, obviously not very "natural"; last thing you want to give to your baby.




Some of the products that have been modified are:

  • Papaya
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • Squash
  • Potatoes
  • Etc.

Please feel free to click on the next link to look at a much better , extended explanation:

http://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/gm-foods.php

LRV: Stands for Labelling Reference Value. It is the amount of vitamin or mineral needed per day to meet the requirements of infants or young adults.
Source: Farley's Rusks Original Box.



This is what I could find in my kitchen if you find something else, share the info.




0 comentarios: